Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse button stays held down  (Read 4580 times)

Lexen

Mouse button stays held down
« on: January 23, 2007, 11:46:47 PM »
I started having a problem with my wireless USB mouse a few days ago and I can't seem to find a solution that works.  Every few times that I click the left mouse button, it will act as though I'm holding the button down even though my finger is nowhere near it.  It's made clicking on links and buttons a real annoyance, since the mouse keeps trying to drag instead of clicking.  I've replaced the batteries, resynched the mouse and its receiver, installed new software, cleaned the lens, even checked the inside, and I can't seem to find the problem.  It was working fine about a week ago, and then I moved back from home to my dorm.  I don't know if something happened along the way, but at any rate it's starting to drive me nuts!

Any help is greatly appreciated.  The mouse is a Pocketmouse Pro Wireless, and I'm running Windows XP + Service Pack 2 with a an Intel 1.6 Ghz processor.  If there's any other information I can give that might help, by all means let me know.

pcfool

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Mouse button stays held down
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 02:43:39 AM »
    if still under waranty, sent for RMA,

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Mouse button stays held down
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 09:00:44 AM »
    Control Panel --> mouse --> tick box near the bottom - is it ticked?
    It's called Clicklock, and the effect of enabling it is the same as the problem you have.
    Hope this helps.