Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Deleting troublesome file  (Read 2054 times)

nctrnldude

Deleting troublesome file
« on: January 29, 2007, 01:50:45 PM »
I have Windows XP and at one point I used Limewire Pro to download files and managed to have them directed to My Music folder. Now after maybe three days it caused some sort of error disabling me from opening that folder at all. I would like to delete this entire folder, and I assume the best way is Command prompt. does anyone know about how I can go about this?! thnx

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Deleting troublesome file
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 01:57:03 PM »
I have Windows XP and at one point I used Limewire Pro to download files and managed to have them directed to My Music folder. Now after maybe three days it caused some sort of error disabling me from opening that folder at all. I would like to delete this entire folder, and [highlight]I assume the best way is Command prompt[/highlight]. does anyone know about how I can go about this?! thnx

Why would you assume this? If you are trying to delete the "entire" folder, just right click and go to delete/click the folder and hit the delete key, then just empty the recycle bin if the files are unwanted or unneeded. If you still want to know how to delete in cmd that post back.
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.