Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange redirect with Live Image Search  (Read 4841 times)

Calum

Topic Starter

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Strange redirect with Live Image Search
« on: February 06, 2007, 11:30:49 AM »
Let me start off by saying that this isn't my PC, it happened at school.  And I apologize for the long post.
Me and my friend were doing our work on the computers at school, and he needed some pictures of fruit.
So he went to msn.com (Google images is blocked from every country - .com.au, .fr, .de, .in - you name it, we've tried it.  I did find that google.com/xhtml works, but the image search isn't good as it's for mobiles.  Back to the topic.) and selected images, then typed in kiwi.  Incidentally, it also happens with pasta, apple, and lots of other keywords.  I won't say all because we haven't tried them all.
Anyway, it redirected him to this page within about 5 seconds.  I've checked it with SiteAdvisor, it's clean, don't worry.  Or do.
He closed IE6 and tried again.  Same thing.
Very strange, says I, and tried it in Firefox.  Live Images doesn't work - there are no results displayed.
Never mind, I'll try it in IE as well, say I.  Same thing as him - redirected.
Next lesson, we were in a different room.
Same thing.
By this time my friend's getting annoyed because he can't get any pictures, and I'm quite curious.
I got another friend to try it, and his IE crashed on Live Images, but didn't redirect.
Anyway, not really a major problem, but does anyone have any idea what's causing this?
To recap, Live Image search redirects to http://www.securitysoft.com/ in varying amounts of time, usually between 1 and 5 seconds.
Is this malware?
Or something else?
Windows XP Pro, presumably SP2.
1 room has NEC Powermate PCs, 3GHz Celeron, 256Mb RAM, the other has the same but older with a 2GHz Celeron.  Internet Explorer 6 is installed and I use Portable Firefox 2.0.0.1.
If you need more info I'll try and get it, but our access is very limited at school so I may not be able to.
Thanks in advance for any light you could shed on this problem.
Calum.