Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: trouble in vista city  (Read 4843 times)

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • Long in the tooth, shy between the ears
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
trouble in vista city
« on: February 19, 2007, 03:24:18 PM »
Well I dood it.  I bought a machine that has Vista as an OS.  NOw I gotta learn all over again.  How many times? DOS, win 3.1, win95, win 98, win XP, n now Win Vista. :-/
Anyway, when I use WORD, I am used to going to  FILE > SAVE AS > etc.   I have n ot been able to figure out how to do that with vista.   You don't get the same tool bar with word (Actually Office 2007) as before.  (Maybe it's word and not Vista that's giving me trouble.)  Any ideas, anyone?? :-[  ;D
You are much appreciated..     Thank you ,

GX1_Man

Re: trouble in vista city
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 06:21:50 PM »
Does F1 work with that?

rockerest

Hopeful
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: trouble in vista city
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 07:32:54 PM »
It's Word that's giving you the problem.  They revamped it's look for the first time in a LONG time, and people have to relearn it now.

Just click on the "Office Button", the little round button in the top left, and that should give you most of the basic options.

-rock
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 07:52:33 PM by rockerest »
In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.