Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need Urgent Help  (Read 2116 times)

Azumi

Need Urgent Help
« on: February 24, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »
Ok, so yesterday I did about the dumbest thing I could think of..

I incorrectly identified my motherboard as a Asus, and downloaded USB drivers for it, and of course I installed them.. The problem is now, nothing that runs off USB works.. (Mouse, etc. Thank god the Keyboard is a PS/2)

Anyway, I removed EVERYTHING that had to do with USB in the Device Manager, and upon restart Windows picks up the ports, and installs whatever software it finds.. The problem is, they still don't work. I'm so confused, and utterly heartbroken, because I have no idea how to rectify this issue..

The computer is a Compaq Presario, which makes it even worse, because I never got any CDs with the computer at all (Not one) so I'm basically lost.

Any help, believe me, would be greatly helpful..

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: Need Urgent Help
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 06:56:12 PM »
    What is your motherboard's actual model? Try to find the drivers for it online.

shotgunnner11

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 07:48:56 PM »
    you might be able to find out the actual mobo online, go to compaq .com or somethign and download the drivers... why did you need new drivers for it anyway?

Azumi

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 10:52:21 PM »
    I "somehow" got it working.. If you asked me how, I'd have a complete  :-? look on my face. No idea, completely stumped, but over-joyed that it's working.

I needed updated drivers (So I thought) because I have this MP3 Player (It's a Sony Walkman NW-E00F) and the computer wouldn't pick it up  :-X

Anyway, now I'm on a different computer, and I'm having the same issue with the stupid thing.. The computer picks it up, and if I plug anything else into the usb slots (Mouse, Keyboard, Joystick, etc.) it "unmounts" or basically forgets that it just picked up the MP3 Player..

Now I can't transfer music onto the *censored* thing.. Sigh. No luck at all. My iPod had the same issue on the other computer (Wasn't being picked up at all), but that ended up working just fine.

Oh well.