Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: video problem i think  (Read 7067 times)

pigeonsrck

video problem i think
« on: October 11, 2004, 09:46:29 AM »
well hello, at first my problem seemed to be a problem with my monitor.
this is what happens when iam playing a game on my computer. Could be anything xcom from back in the day or a new game like battlefront. I will be playing for about 20 minutes or so. Then the monitor screen will go black then turn to a gray screen. So the monitor is still reading what the computer is sending. I think. Also all the sound stops and i basically am stuck not letting me do anything. I cant return to window or anything.
thanks for the help.

shield

Re: video problem i think
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 04:38:48 PM »
is your videocard well seated? .... and have you scanned for spyware/adware/viruses etc... ??

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 11:21:36 PM »
Perhaps your monitor is set to go into standby mode?

pigeonsrck

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 05:15:41 PM »
ok let me explain this a little better. I dont really know how the win xp does its blue screen of death. but it is kinda like that except i cant crtl alt del out of it.
the only reason i say the video could be the problem is because it acts all crazy. BUt everything stops sounds and video .

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 01:57:13 PM »
Inspect your temperatures to see if they become too high.

pigeonsrck

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 05:53:19 PM »
im pretty sure that may be the problem. it seems however i cant get the temperature down. i cleaned and got rid of all the dust but it doesnt seem to help. any ideas of how to keep temp down.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 04:09:50 AM »
First post your temperatures.