Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics cards and laptops  (Read 2018 times)

Zylstra

Topic Starter

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Graphics cards and laptops
« on: February 28, 2007, 01:03:03 PM »
I need to find a laptop with a good graphics card that complies with this list here:
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=280

Im not a fan of Intel cards, as I have had bad expirence with them.

I am looking for a new laptop with a card that is on that list for $750 with 1GB of RAM

I have tried NewEgg, and only found a few. Dead_Reckon tried NewEgg, and found a few better ones, but still, we both cant find one with a compatible card.

I was hoping to find one with Windows Vista Home Premium installed.
All the laptops I and Dead_Reckon have found that comply with my specifications all have non-compatible Nividia GeForce Go 6150 cards, Radeon x1000 cards, and Radeon 100 and 200m cards.

Anyone have ideas?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Graphics cards and laptops
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 01:16:45 PM »
I've been looking for a while, and I can't find any laptops with a graphics card on the list for that price.
Apart from the low-end Intel graphics, and even if it works it won't work well on them.
Also, pay attention to the part where it says you need an ATI Radeon 9600 or greater for the game on Vista.
So you need an X1400 class or similar, maybe a little lower would do.
I tried Newegg and TigerDirect, I don't know of any other good US shops being a poor English man.
I'll keep looking out though.