Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I do the old DOS print screen in Wndws 2000  (Read 11957 times)

Debby Wilford

How do I do the old DOS print screen in Wndws 2000
« on: October 12, 2004, 02:59:58 PM »
I know that in good old DOS you could hold down shift and print screen and it would print whatever was on your screen.  I am compiling a training manual for several programs that I am running in Windows 2000 and I am trying to show the difference in what you see on the screen and what actually appears on reports and such that are generated.  This is VERY relavent because things that do not show up on print outs are very important items to be entered.  I will not be here to help whomever comes after me so this would be very helpful in the notebook.

Thanks for any help.    ???

merlin_2

Re: How do I do the old DOS print screen in Wndws
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 03:29:12 PM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 03:31:07 PM by merlin_2 »

Computer_Commando

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 05:28:27 PM »
I know that in good old DOS you could hold down shift and print screen and it would print whatever was on your screen.  I am compiling a training manual for several programs that I am running in Windows 2000 and I am trying to show the difference in what you see on the screen and what actually appears on reports and such that are generated.....

Are you saying that you want your training manual to show the user what should be on his screen?  Alt-PrtScrn copies the active window to the clipboard, then paste into MS Word or whatever application you are using.  Shift-PrtScrn copies the entire screen to the clipboard.

Debby Wilford

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 07:17:22 AM »
YES!  YES!  YES!  That was exactly what I wanted.   Thank you.

Deb

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 05:20:55 PM »
You can copy and paste all kinds of stuff into MSWord (or PowerPoint or Excel).  When you perform Copy, instead of Paste, look at Edit, Paste Special.  There will be many options depending on what is being copied.