Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: deleting favorites  (Read 10787 times)

jnuess

deleting favorites
« on: June 14, 2006, 03:34:48 PM »
 I can't delete sites from my favorites list. I have an iMac G5. I can't drag them out and can't use control click to open a choice list. Any help?

Oober_Noober

Re: deleting favorites
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:47:25 PM »
Which browser are you using?

--Oober
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 03:47:39 PM by Oober_Noober »

jnuess

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 04:00:24 PM »
I have Internet Explorer 5.2

Oober_Noober

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 05:56:57 PM »
While I don't have alot of experience with IE5.2 on the Mac, I did find this on the internet. See if it helps you:

"To edit your favorites, select Window and click Favorites from that menu. Select the icon next to the page you want to delete, and then press the Delete button."

Is this what you have already tried? If not, does it work? You might also want to try pressing Apple-Shift-F from the Finder which is the keystroke that supposedly brings up the favorites folder. You may be able to drag the unwanted favorites out of the folder and into the trash can.

Keep us up to date.

--Oober

jnuess

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 12:00:12 PM »
I've tried all that. Still nothing seems to work. Anyone have a solution?

kohn_

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 12:41:31 PM »
Use Safari  ;D ;D ;D ;D

jnuess

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 12:55:28 PM »
Safari is good.......

glinton

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 10:05:11 AM »
I just stumbled across this forum and hope to find some answers on it... I'm glad a separate Apple section is here since it's a bit manageable.  I think I know how to answer your question about deleting favorites in IE; it's been a long time since you posted the question and have probably already found the answer, but maybe this will help anyone else looking for the same thing: move your cursor over the item you want to delete, then hold the mouse button down until a contextual menu appears. One ot the choices of that menu will be to delete. Click delete and you're done!

jnuess

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 02:49:01 PM »
That does nothing.

glinton

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 11:14:49 PM »
I'm sorry that didn't help. I see from earlier posts you're running IE 5.2  I'm using IE 5.1.7 on an older G3 Powerbook that's running OS9.1