Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stupid Windows Vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7035 times)

YoMOMA

Topic Starter

Rookie

Stupid Windows Vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    « on: March 06, 2007, 07:13:40 PM »
    Hello.
    I got a problem with Windows Vista.
    I just bought a new computer couple days ago and i didn't have any other choice but Vista.
    I don't realy like this windows so I want to switch back to my favorite XP.
    I did put the cd in and then press install Windows XP but then the error comes up and says somewhere that like it can't install it because I have a newer version then on the CD.
    Well it says something like that.
    Do you know if there anyway I could actually fix that and make it install windows xp?
    Thanx. :)

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Stupid Windows Vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:08:12 PM »
    Yep.  Format your hard drive.  I hope you've got a legitimate Win XP CD there so you can properly register it once installed.
    « Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 09:09:34 PM by soybean »

YoMOMA

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 11:44:14 PM »
      Format it OMG!!!
      I hate that. That sux there is no other way.
      Well thnx anyway. :'(

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 08:34:21 AM »
      Since you are looking for a clean start why is format such a bad thing ? ?

I also recommend collecting all your drivers for that machine before proceeding.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

YoMOMA

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 11:18:27 PM »
        Well anyway I decided on formating the windows vista just don't know how to do it.
        Kuz when you work on desktop and then try to format the hard drive it said that you can't do it kuz you are using it.
        Is there some way i could do it?

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 03:46:47 AM »
        You cannot format the Windows partition from within Windows. You have to boot from a Windows CD to do it.

YoMOMA

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 06:34:34 PM »
          well how do you do it?

GX1_Man

YoMOMA

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 12:22:21 AM »
            Nevermind. Sorry but my dad helped me out on how to do it. I have installed Widnows XP successfully, and very happy.
            Thanx to everyone.

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 03:05:20 AM »
            Yep.  Format your hard drive.  [highlight]I hope you've got a legitimate Win XP CD there so you can properly register it once installed.[/highlight]

rockerest

Hopeful
              • Yes
            « Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 02:26:50 PM »
            I don't understand why you would roll back.  Are you THAT afraid of change?  The future is coming, you can't avoid it.  There will come a point when XP is not supported any more, and software will begin (and already has) to only work on Vista.  If your computer is Vista capable, why would you downgrade?

Just my soapbox

-Rock
            In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
            Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
            Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

GX1_Man

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 02:45:52 PM »
            To be truly future ready, shouldn't you explore Linux as an alternative?

rockerest

Hopeful
              • Yes
            « Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »
            Is Linux the future of Personal Computing?  I'd place it more in the realm of Servers, since everytime I've tried to delve into a copy, it has always overwhelmed me with the sheer unorginization of it.  I dunno.  I just tried booting into Ubuntu 6.06 and it couldn't load the kernel, so I lost hope.

Maybe I'll try again.

-rock

edit: One of the biggest reasons I tout Vista as the best way to go right now is because of compatibility.  It's one of the reasons I hate Macs (far exceeded by my general observation that "Mac snobs" are, in fact, not snobs at all, but actually just a$$h013s).  This is a big problem with linux, too.  There's not enough quality open-source stuff out there to offer customer support for a system like Linux.  It's growing, yes.  Exponentially, probably, but it hasn't even threatened Mac's 8% market share yet.
            « Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 03:29:53 PM by rockerest »
            In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
            Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
            Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 05:22:41 PM »
            I don't understand why you would roll back.  Are you THAT afraid of change?  The future is coming, you can't avoid it.  There will come a point when XP is not supported any more, and software will begin (and already has) to only work on Vista.  If your computer is Vista capable, why would you downgrade?

Just my soapbox

-Rock

XP according to the Mothership has another 10 years of support if not more,,,
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 05:24:14 PM »
            Outside of games, what can you NOT do on free Linux that you can with $150+ Vista? Bigger amrkey share does not make it better, it just means bigger market share (for a variety of reasons).  ;)