Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP NOT WORKING, PLEASE HELP  (Read 2129 times)

NYSpinnerDan

XP NOT WORKING, PLEASE HELP
« on: March 17, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »
Hello.
I have an eMachine computer with a Windows XP Profesional opperating system. A few days ago, when I pushed the button to start it, everything was normal up to the point when the Windows XP load screen came up. It just flashed fora second or so, and then the computer restarted. I then tried to put it on safe mode, and every other option there was at the screen where it says that microsoft didn't load properly, but it just kept rebooting on the load screen. I have been researchign this on the internet, and I think that this happened because I shut the computer off too rapidly(I kept my finger on the on/off button, which shuts it off automaticly), and vital files that were saving or deleting are now missing or corrupted. I tried using the Ultimate Boot CD to boot it up, but the same results occured. I already tried extending the kernel file and everything that it says to do on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314466, but it didn't help. An odd thing that has been happening for a while before this incident is that after every succesfull startup, two screens saying that a file was misisng or corrupted showed up one after another. Ironicly, I was going to try to fix whatever problem caused them this weekend. If anyone has any suggestions in how I can save my computer, please let me know.
THanks,
a very frustrated computer nerd.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: XP NOT WORKING, PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 07:20:33 PM »
Have you tried ---->THIS
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.