Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: desktop folders w/ links want to print  (Read 2079 times)

stumble

Topic Starter

Beginner

• me(mother) and my daughter (left)
  • Experience: Experienced
desktop folders w/ links want to print
« on: March 17, 2007, 08:12:32 PM »
I have folders on my desktop with links inside that used to open in Firefox.  Now they want  to print.  Is this because I deleted the Avant browser because it kept insisting on opening everything even though it was not the default browser?  What can I do to restore the option of opening as Firefox pages?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: desktop folders w/ links want to print
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 11:17:18 PM »
I'm assuming you're attempting to open web page links / shortcuts. If Firefox is the default browser it should be opening as it has in the past and uninstalling another program should have no affect. it's likely something else was installed or changed that could of caused this issue. I'd suggest having Firefox check that it is the default browser.

In Firefox click Tools, Options, and click the Check Now button to have Firefox check to make sure it's the default browser. If it is the default browser and that does not resolve the issue what are the type of files you're attempting to open and I'm assuming this is Windows XP?
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

stumble

Topic Starter

Beginner

• me(mother) and my daughter (left)
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: desktop folders w/ links want to print
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 04:22:27 AM »
Yes, XP Home, and Foxfire is the default browser.  The links in the folders are links to other web pages.  But they don't open web pages, they try to print.