Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista and the Internet  (Read 4884 times)

ricket

Vista and the Internet
« on: March 18, 2007, 07:27:11 PM »
Just recently got Windows Vista Ultimate and after installing my internet worked just fine, but after a reboot the internet stopped, it finds the "Internet gateway device" ( which is a Dlink router) but still does not connect to the internet, after messing around with the network a bit it worked again, but yet after another reboot i have nothing and this time its not coming back. I am on a home network i connect through our router not directly to the internet like all the vista "create a network/internet connection" seem to want to do.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to solve this id really appreciate it, as ive gotten no results.

Dual booting the OS's and XP still works fine, why cant vista be as easy? click create network and its gg from there.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 07:28:13 PM by ricket »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Vista and the Internet
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 08:41:32 PM »
Contact your ISP...many are having problems with their connection spftware and Vista.

Hopefully they have a fix.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Todd

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 08:57:47 PM »
wow maybe i shouldnt get it.. :-[

lesnott

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 05:55:38 AM »
we have dell vista connected it up worked ok the next day cannot connect to tesco broadband sent me a upgrade disc to download still wont work the disc was from sonic solutions we are trying to change broadbands thats another problem i would like to now how to remove the driver ?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 06:03:29 AM »
My internet sometimes gets disconnected (using XP Home) and all i do is unplug my for a few seconds, puts it back in and restart the computer. After that the internet is super, lol
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 06:03:40 AM by carbondudeoxide »

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 09:51:55 AM »
    All the more reason to wait a few months so M$ can work out the bugs in Vista...thanks to trusting people like yourself.  Bummer, huh?  :-[

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!