Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows me/hard drive error  (Read 2929 times)

tallented1

windows me/hard drive error
« on: October 13, 2004, 03:48:57 PM »
i am running a hp pavillion with windows me, first my dsl was not working then i could nt connect to my home network, i got an error tlling me my network adapter could not be found, and whenever i clicked anything in the control panel it said i did not have permission to do this, so i decided to just use my system recovery disk but when it boots up it says "hard drive not found, i may need to f disk" i have not moved or opened the cpu  at all.  This happened once before and f disk did not fix it the touble is i am not the one that fixed it any ideas?

Raptor

Re: windows me/hard drive error
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 02:22:35 AM »
You may have to obtain NIC drivers from the manufacturer in order to properly use the card.

As for your Hard Disk Drive error, this article may be of use should you want to format:

How to erase my hard disk drive and start over

merlin_2

Re: windows me/hard drive error
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 11:36:31 AM »
run the manufactors diagnostic program of your hard drive..check the bios  del key on boot> settings to default. more info>http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000047.htm