Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSOD! WOW  (Read 11624 times)

BSOD! WOW
« on: March 24, 2007, 02:31:35 PM »
A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine.

Stop. 0x000000B8 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Didn't take a SS but got the important stuff I hope..

This BSOD happened twice. I can't recall what I was doing the first the time it happened but...

The second time it happened was when I was in a game.

I put in an option in the game to Auto Join When Player Slot is Available and waited.

A slot opened and it tried to connected as usual but this time it froze right when it tried to connect into the BSOD.

I've googled the stop error and all it had was solutions for win2000 or another OS that wasn't mine, a WinXP Home.

Need some help identifying the problem thanks.

Update: Happened again in the same game but this time I was able to connect all the way.

But then right when I hit (I think) the enter key to start playing, it tried to reconnect to the server again which was not suppose to happen.

Then it froze again right when it tried to connect.

I am puzzle by this problem. It like to freeze when it's loading. This time I kinda felt it was about to freeze before it froze due to the unexpected reconnect.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: BSOD! WOW
    « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 02:50:45 PM »
    This may get you started.
    0x000000B8: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC
    These are generally hardware issues (which often means driver issues). The articles given below are provided more as examples of the types of situations that trigger this error, rather than concrete solutions. As a rule, be sure you have the latest Service Pack edition of your Windows operating system and are using the best device drivers and software versions. After that, do normal hardware troubleshooting for the device inplicated.
    http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 04:57:03 PM »
    I've been to the link you gave me before while I was googling for a solution awhile back.

They gave me links that doesn't correspond to my OS, computer, or gave me things I don't have, like Dell.  :-[

* “Stop 0xB8 ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC” Error Message When You Use a Parallel Port Zip Drive {KB 281428} Win 2000 (corrected in latest Service Pack)
        * Server Stops Responding or You Receive a Stop Error Message When You Set Up a Windows Server 2003-Based Server Cluster {KB 824354} Server 2003 (hotfix available)
        * “Stop 0x000000B8” Error Message on Computer with Dell OpenManage Server Administrator installed {KB 888190} Server 2003, SBS 2003 (incompatible filter driver needs updating; work-around provided)
        * “Stop 0x000000B8” Error Message Occurs After You Install Tivoli Storage Manager {KB 287582} Windows 2000 (software update reqired; latest SP presumably fixes also)
        * Problems With Older Version of NWFS.SYSs file in Novell NetWare Client Version 4.81 {KB 319453} Windows 2000 (update Novell software)

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 05:10:32 PM »
    I tried the eventviewer and it showed:

"The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

I think I know what that link you gave me was for now Fed heh. ;D

But anyways, I did disable the Parallel port in my BIOS because I don't use it.

I don't know why it's causing errors or why it tried to start up.

I don't have anything connected to the Parallel ports either.

It froze when I was gaming.. :-/