Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer boots abnormally  (Read 5232 times)

Zakes

Computer boots abnormally
« on: March 26, 2007, 01:57:19 PM »

STRANGE EXPERIANCE!

The computer is running on Windows XP and for that matter, it's running fine. The problem only comes when booting it. The ON/OFF button switch on the front pannel works fine but the PC cannot pick up the video. The video will only appear when I disconnect and reconnect the power cable at the back.

On the first switch on you will see that the fan is spinning and the fan light as well as the on button. The monitor will show orange LED indicating that there is no video.

Unplugging and replugging the power cable and then switching it on, on the power switch will rectify the problem.

A mother board was tested with everything connected to it and no errors were found.

A new power supply was tried but still could not solve the problem.

Another monitor was also tried but still nothing happening.

Any suggestion out there will be appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Computer boots abnormally
    « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:41:05 PM »
    Zakes .....  It almost sounds as if there may be a loose connection somewhere inside.  Try shutting down , open up the case....... discharge any static buildup in your body and the remove and then replace the front panel wiring at the mobo.  Also check the 20(24) pin connector from the PSU to the Mobo to be sure its properly seated .
    I know this sounds odd ....... but can you try plugging the pc into another wall recepticle.... ( use an extension chord)

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.