Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Office 2007 Style Layout (Can you change it)?  (Read 5272 times)

Microsoft Office 2007 Style Layout (Can you change it)?
« on: April 02, 2007, 08:19:53 PM »
I just installed Microsoft Office 2007 with Word, Publisher, Powerpoint, Exel etc and the layout is really confusing. I'm using it on my XP 2003 and as I said, the layout seems really confusing and too new to me.

Is there some way to revert the layout or theme back to that of the older versions, such as 2003 or before?

Thanks.

Re: Microsoft Office 2007 Style Layout (Can you change it)?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 07:34:52 PM »
BUMP.

Please tell me if it's even possible x.x

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 Style Layout (Can you change it)?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 07:43:14 PM »
I think you may have a difficult time getting an answer to this because Office 2007 is quite new and few people have experience with it yet.  But, I can tell you this.  I saw a short demo of it at a computer users's group and I have had a chance to use Excel 2007 a bit.  And, I believe the answer to your question is no.

During the demo, one of the general points made by the presenter was the major difference in toolbars and menu structure between Office 2007 previous versions and how that made the switch to it more difficult than the change between earlier versions.  I'm sure she would have told us about a way to revert the layout or theme back to that of the older versions if it could be done. 

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "