Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i need help with this message... what does it mean?  (Read 3915 times)

Kihld

i need help with this message... what does it mean?
« on: April 05, 2007, 09:01:02 PM »
ok basically i'm getting this message everytime i get on my computer...it appears when i log on... here it is

RTHDCPL.EXE - illegal system DLL Relocation
The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occured becuase the DLL
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

I have no clue how this got here...i just logged out and logged back on and i have no clue what this means so help me out.

Kihld

Re: i need help with this message... what does it mean?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 09:17:48 PM »
nevermind disregard this last post i thought it might have been a virus, but it was just spyware in the memory so i fixed it  ::)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:43:17 PM »
It isn't gone yet. This is from a glitch in the latest MS update...

Travel Here for the correct fix.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

JMM

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 05:49:33 AM »
I have got the same message.  So I went to a DLL download site or two  - no trace of this HHCTRL.OCX one.  This must be caused by an update (I think)  and how can you contact your supplier when you haven't an idea of what the HHCTRL.OCX thing refers too???  I am not very great at this sort of PC stuff...but will try to find out more...

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 12:22:41 PM »
I have got the same message.  So I went to a DLL download site or two  - no trace of this HHCTRL.OCX one.  This must be caused by an update (I think)  and how can you contact your supplier when you haven't an idea of what the HHCTRL.OCX thing refers too???  I am not very great at this sort of PC stuff...but will try to find out more...

See the post above yours for the fix...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Kihld

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »
o i see...you're right, thank you cuz i wouldn't of figured that