Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Whats a good +12V?  (Read 6588 times)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Whats a good +12V?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 12:21:48 PM »
Is this PSU the one in your original post?

Darcstarr

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 04:10:47 PM »
Yes, that would be the one (the unknown one).

soybean

Genius
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 10:07:21 PM »
Well, Fed thinks you should look for other causes.  Have you confirmed that all your fans, especially the CPU fan, are running normal?  Do you know what temperature your CPU is running at?  If not, you could download SpeedFan and see what it tells you. You might check all your expansion cards (sound/video/etc.), your RAM, hard drive cables, etc. and make sure everything is properly seated or connected.  

How were you getting the voltage readings?  Did you take a look at the PSU I mentioned in a previous post?

Darcstarr

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 04:46:51 PM »
I decided that the PSU was crap so I went out and bought a new one just over a week ago. This new one seems to be working alot better for me as I haven't had any freezes since I put it in. I guess I can conclude that the problem was that the guy who custom built my computer back in December 2004 put some cheap parts in there, the unknown PSU was a good example and I'm beginning to suspect there are some other crappy parts in my comp as well. For now on I'm just gonna go personally pick out my own parts for my computer. Thanks guys for the help though, its just too bad it had to come to taking money out of my pocket to fix the problem.

soybean

Genius
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 07:16:25 AM »
Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.  I think your assessment is right, "that the guy who custom built my computer back in December 2004 put some cheap parts in there".