Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: File, Send Page by Email, Link by Email  (Read 3073 times)

foxygrandma35

File, Send Page by Email, Link by Email
« on: April 04, 2007, 10:33:42 PM »
Uh, oh, my session had timed out.   Anyway, I have Dell Dimension 4700.   This computer was formatted, by a computer tech, about two months ago, and Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition put in.   Before that I had Windows XP Professional.   And before that I had the Home Edition again.

Anyway, the File, Send page or link by email would always work.  Say, I had Yahoo Mail in the Tools, Internet Options, Programs, Email Section, when I would go to File, Send page or link, it would always take me right to my Yahoo mail; or if I had Hot Mail in the Email section, it would take me to my Hot Mail.

So, do not undersand why I get message boxes now.  Yesterday was the first time I had tried the File, Send, since Home Edition put in.

Have to scoot to bed now, but will check sometime tomorrow to see if a reply.   Thank you for your feedback. :)

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: File, Send Page by Email, Link by Email
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 04:21:14 AM »
Hi Foxy.

I tried to bring up your problem on my system but just couldn't.   Regardless of which mail program was shown in the E-mail section my system runs the default mail program.

For example, if Yahoo is shown in the E-mail section and Thunderbird is the default mail program my system runs Thunderbird not Yahoo.

Perhaps if you set Yahoo as the default mail program your problem will disappear.

Which program generates the "message boxes" you refer to ???
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

foxygrandma35

Re: File, Send Page by Email, Link by Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 06:53:06 PM »
Will repeat my message showing which ones bring up message box.

When I go to a web site and click on File, Send page by email or send link by email, I get the message box entitled Enter Network Password, asking for user name and password.   How can I get it to go right to the Hot Mail message box so I can send?   In Tools, Internet Options, Programs, the Email section shows Hot Mail, so it should go right to Hot Mail.

If I change the Program, Email section to Yahoo Mail, instead of going to my Yahoo mail, I get a message box with the title Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard, but it should take me to my Yahoo Mail.

Thank you, Dusty for your reply.

Now, how would I set Yahoo as the default?  I have forgotten.  Must be my 72-year-old brain. :-[