Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba Laptop Wont boot windows XP  (Read 4134 times)

KnotAGeek

Toshiba Laptop Wont boot windows XP
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:10:49 PM »
 >:( !!! I'm sooo fustrated! I dont know what happened. One day it was working the next morning it wasnt. It didnt start having problems until we started loading Cd's on Itunes to put on the Ipod Shuffle. Also...(forgot to mention) that some guy at walmart told us that we probably needed this USB port to hook to the laptop too so we have been using that hooked up to the laptop! I dont know if any of this has to do with why the laptop isnt working but all it does is make a clicking noise when trying to boot and it doesnt get past the windows logo black screen. Pressing F8 doesnt help either ???  PLEASE HELP!! I dont know what to do???  :'(

BraZillion

Re: Toshiba Laptop Wont boot windows XP
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 12:21:19 PM »
Describe what happens when you boot. Youll press the power button then...

KnotAGeek

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 03:32:37 PM »
I press power and then it starts clicking and goes straight to the windows logo and black screen??? Like it's trying to boot the windows but never does and it makes a constant clicking noise?? :-[

fullbug

Apprentice
    « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »
    What model of Toshiba Laptop do you have? I wondering because I have one as well, using one to post this....

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 05:18:11 PM »
    It almost sounds like a hard drive problem. If the sound occurring inside or outside the computer?

BTW: You dont see the Windows load screen when you use F8
    You have to start pressing it before it appears

BraZillion

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 07:30:05 PM »
    Yeah sound wise its pointing to harddrive. butttt usaly during a HDD crash it dosnt work at all. hmmm try using a new HDD and boot from it

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 08:20:35 PM »
    Yeah sound wise its pointing to harddrive. butttt usaly during a HDD crash it dosnt work at all. hmmm try using a new HDD and boot from it
    The sound is called a hard drive "knocking"
    It indicates that the HDD is about to fail, and its basically swearing at you to back up ASAP or your going to get your <...> from it

BraZillion

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 04:45:45 AM »
    The sound is called a hard drive "knocking"
    It indicates that the HDD is about to fail, and its basically swearing at you to back up ASAP or your going to get your <...> from it

Haha :D