Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Games freeze  (Read 24287 times)

GX1_Man

Re: Games freeze
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 11:17:19 AM »
Dr. Patio?

terps

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 06:23:22 PM »
Does anyone have any more suggestions? I really want to play some games. :D

GX1_Man

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 06:37:45 PM »
We have been at this for 5 days now. You still have provided precious little information about your system. It is still unclear if this is a software or hardware issue.

Start again and provide much more information that you think necessary (See below for hints) and mention why exactly you did the system restore.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »
Does anyone have any more suggestions? I really want to play some games. :D

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »
Put random images together?

Haha, get it?

Raptor

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 01:45:17 PM »
You weren't around when the 'pulling teeth' incident took place?

terps

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 02:08:42 PM »
Start again and provide much more information that you think necessary (See below for hints) and mention why exactly you did the system restore.

It seems like i have been repeating myself.
I restored because i uninstalled my audio driver which was soundmax, and tried to install realtek. I was unable to install realtek, and it gave me a blue screen followed by a reboot.

I did a system restore because i uninstalled my soundmax audio driver, because i wanted to install realtek audio driver. But once i uninstalled soundmax and tried to install realtek, i want able to. I got a blue screen followed by my pc rebooting. So i wanted my soundmax audio driver back because realtek wasn't working that well. So i did a system restore to get the audio drive back.

That is the information. A system restore is all i did, NOTHING ELSE.

Also, on my other computer (not the one i am having the game troubles with) my cd burner stopped working. I know everyone here doesn't like the words "stopped working," but it did. Turned my computer on, and my computer said i have a corrupt or missing driver. I didn't do anything to create this problem. I put in another drive and i still get the problem.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 02:13:06 PM »

It seems like i have been repeating myself. I did a system restore because i uninstalled my soundmax audio driver, because i wanted to install realtek audio driver. But once i uninstalled soundmax and tried to install realtek, i want able to. I got a blue screen followed by my pc rebooting. So i wanted my soundmax audio driver back because realtek wasn't working that well. So i did a system restore to get the audio drive back.

That is the information. A system restore is all i did, NOTHING ELSE.

Drivers are NOT interchangeable with each other...the only driver that will work in that machine is the correct one....What does DXdiag say about your sound devices ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

terps

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 03:08:17 PM »
I am not having trouble with my sound because i did the system restore. I only said that the possible reason my games do not work is because i did this system restore.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 09:58:19 PM »
I am not having trouble with my sound because i did the system restore. I only said that the possible reason my games do not work is because i did this system restore.
Well, this is the problem
What the heck do you want us to tell you?
So far, with the information provided, all points to the sound driver.

So lets start with this:
When you got the realtek driver, did you use a installer that came with it, or did you just download the single standalone .inf file?
Which did you use to install the Soundmax driver?

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 10:47:43 PM »
Make sure you have up to date video drivers... Ive had problem in past with NVidia cards and old drivers or drivers suplied through MS support when hardware detected. I had problems with Doom 3 and GTA San Andreas until I updated my GeForce 6200 from the driver supplied by OS/MS and fixed with GeForce 93.xx driver.

terps

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 02:55:22 PM »
Well, this is the problem
What the heck do you want us to tell you?
So far, with the information provided, all points to the sound driver.

So lets start with this:
When you got the realtek driver, did you use a installer that came with it, or did you just download the single standalone .inf file?
Which did you use to install the Soundmax driver?

When i got the realtek driver it came with an installer, which i used. I never installed a soundmax driver. It came installed on my computer. I never installed it after i tried to install realtek. I only did the system restore.

Now, a more urgent problem has appeared. Like i said yesterday, my computer doesn't seem to recognize my working cd burner, and my dvd burner. In device manager, i tried updating the driver but it "failed." For both drives device manager says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)." I don't know why my computer doesn't recognize both drives because i haven't done anything to the computer, like modifying the registry.

Thanks.

GX1_Man

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 02:56:44 PM »
Delete all optical drives in Device Manager and reboot the machine. What happens now?

terps

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 03:25:48 PM »
Delete all optical drives in Device Manager and reboot the machine. What happens now?

Do you mean like uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it? I tried that but when my computer scanned for a new driver it couldn't find one. I followed the steps on Microsoft's site for error code 39 but my computers scan can never find the driver.

GX1_Man

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 04:25:16 PM »
I mean like uninstalling and let Windows try to sort it out.