Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Games freeze  (Read 24508 times)

terps

Re: Games freeze
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 04:54:28 PM »
I already uninstalled it.I downloaded an update for my drive, but since my computer doesn't recognize the drive, i am unable to install it.

GX1_Man

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 04:59:02 PM »
Delete all optical drives in Device Manager and reboot the machine. What happens now?

Did you do this? I don't want you to add anything after you delete the optical drives except reboot the machine. Is the drive seen in the BIOS?

terps

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 06:49:58 PM »
Do you mean like uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it? I tried that but when my computer scanned for a new driver it couldn't find one. I followed the steps on Microsoft's site for error code 39 but my computers scan can never find the driver.[/quote]

I uninstalled the driver okay? I don't exactly know what optical drives are. I am not a computer expert. I just want my problems fixed. I just want to transfer some dang files which are big to another computer. I wanted to try burning the some of the data to cd-rw, but my cd drive isn't working. So i looked up on the internet how to to transfer big files and i hooked up an Ethernet cord and tried to setup that ICS thing. After not doing much i ran into another problem. Great another problem! >:( My pc, that is screwed with the game problem now does not have internet. Why, i don't know?!

Okay after uninstalling the driver and restarting my computer, here is what i get:

GX1_Man

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 06:59:46 PM »
You may want to utilize a Linux Live CD to save your data.

terps

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 07:34:08 PM »
I have several linux live cd's. So, should i reformat the computer with the bad cd drive error? I am thinking about it. The computer with the messed up internet i think will become normal if i reformat.

thanks.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 07:36:15 PM »
It seems that you have a special theme installed on your computer.
Uninstall the theme and see if anything works better.

Its amazing -- the files that themes modify to run.

terps

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 01:22:19 PM »
I uninstalled the theme and went back to the original xp one, but the only thing it fixed was a startup message saying my avg av (avgcc.exe) had an illegal dll.

I might just reformat or take my computer somewhere to get fixed. Because the computer messed up my entire network.

GX1_Man

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 01:27:26 PM »
I would stick a Linux Live CD in there and watch it boot just fine.  ;)

terps

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 02:59:04 PM »
Well, i was about to reformat, but my computer doesn't recognize my cd drive, so it wouldn't read the xp disc. So i don't think i can boot anything. I am doing a system restore to awhile back. I backed up my data. I just want to see if it fixes the problem.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »
XP does NOT require drivers for CD/DVD drives...attempting to install drivers only makes matters worse...it is caused by 2 things...a conflict with too many burning programs OR the upper and lower filter settings getting wonked.

Read Carefully for the fix.

As always when adjusting registry entries make sure the registry is backed up properly...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

terps

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 03:34:28 PM »
XP does NOT require drivers for CD/DVD drives...attempting to install drivers only makes matters worse...it is caused by 2 things...a conflict with too many burning programs OR the upper and lower filter settings getting wonked.

Read Carefully for the fix.

As always when adjusting registry entries make sure the registry is backed up properly...

I dint even have 1 burning software installed on the computer. I recently reformatted about 1 month ago, so i did a sytstem restore all the way back and now all my problems are fixed. An almost new pc with my documents. :D

Thanks for the help everyone. ;)

terps

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »
Ok, on a laptop and on my computer i get these messages saying "illegal system dll relocation." On the laptop it says something with Hhctrl.ocx, and Rthdcpl.exe. On my computer i am trying to install a program and i get that message, but it doesn't include Hhctrl.ocx. I am confused with these problems as i have never encountered them before.

GX1_Man

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 04:29:19 PM »

terps

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 04:34:05 PM »
Ok, and the other computer?

GX1_Man

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2007, 04:41:22 PM »
Did you read the link in Patio's post?