Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LOST OUTLOOK 2003 EMAILS AND CONTACTS  (Read 2425 times)

pmf

LOST OUTLOOK 2003 EMAILS AND CONTACTS
« on: April 14, 2007, 08:21:17 AM »
I have a HP Pavilion a1514n computer, Windows XP, Office 2003, and on 4/12 (early am) it suddenly rebooted itself and came back w/"System Recovery".  Thinking I was doing a "System Restore", I agreed.

Originally I had 4 user accounts, w/ different email accounts  set up and now have lost all.  I have VERY IMPORTANT EMAILS that I have lost and have searched for the individual file names I had set up in Outlook but the searches come up w/no results.

I have all of my other files and folders but they are not seperated by users.

PLEASE HELP ME!

GX1_Man

Re: LOST OUTLOOK 2003 EMAILS AND CONTACTS
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 08:34:12 AM »
If you in fact did a system recovery then your hard drive was probably erased. What about any other personal files that may have been on there? Are they gone as well?

pmf

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 08:55:43 AM »
If my memory serves me correct, I have all other files and folders (such as things saved to desktop, etc.), but everything came up as "Administrator" user...have tried to search for the oridinal user account name files but no results were found.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 01:17:46 PM »
If there are no user accounts and no previous files, they are gone. Look closely.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 01:47:37 PM »
You can avoid such catastrophes in the future by backing up your Outlook messages, contacts, calendar, etc. and putting those backup files on some media other than your hard drive.  Burn them to CD or DVD, put them on an external hard drive or hard drive on another computer via a LAN, etc.