Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Having some problems with explorer.exe mem usage? can anyone help?  (Read 2189 times)

ROFLcopter

for some reason, explorer.exe on my computer is ridiculously high. sometimes if i do not restart for about 2 days it reaches as high as 693k! sometimes just for a day it will go down to 20k out of the blue, but then be right back up again the next. when i restart, explorer.exe starts at about 50k, then gradually rises after a few hours. however, i am not opening things that would cause it to rise. i have about 3 mozilla tabs open at a time and aim. that is it. i used to be able to have about 20 tabs open, aim, limewire, photoshop, no problem. explorer.exe being high however does not cause my computer to be slower until it gets to about 500k or so it starts to effect mozillas speed. anyone have any suggestions? i kept track of how high it rose today. it started at 53,224k when i restarted at 4:04pm. then gradually rose to about 67,504k by 6:05pm. then at 6:56pm i looked and it was at 165,732k, but i did not dont open anything new at this time. my computer isnt old. its a gateway, going to be 4 years old in july, but i think its time for a new one.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Having some problems with explorer.exe mem usage? can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 07:26:23 PM »
Is it possible that you are infected by the MyDoom.B worm which has been known to masquerade as the genuine Explorer.exe ???

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.