Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Banking" System?  (Read 6896 times)

Insatiable

"Banking" System?
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:34:23 PM »
Okay, I don't know a great deal about web design, but I'm creating a framed website in FrontPage, and I need the following...

... A numerical display in one frame (let's say it reads "10,000") that will be affected by another frame. For example, the user clicks a certain button, and loses 2,000 - the numerical display needs to deduct 2,000 from 10,000, obviously now reading 8,000. And I want the number to keep going up and down depending on which link the person clicks.

It's like a very basic game. A "banking" system if you like.

The problem is I have no idea how to do this at all... if anybody is aware of a piece or two of code that I could easily copy, paste and edit, I would be EXTREMELY grateful.

Thanks

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: "Banking" System?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 08:36:36 AM »
If I understand you correctly, you basically want the kind of functionality seen on this power supply calculator site: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

The answer is javascript.  But, I have some doubts about this working with frames, as you mentioned.  I think this is only going to work within a single web page, not frames, but I could be wrong.

Insatiable

Re: "Banking" System?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:49:18 AM »
That's pretty much it, yeah, thanks!

I'll be taking a closer look at that.

Much appreciated.