Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems loading  (Read 2167 times)

CyberHawk

Topic Starter

Rookie

Problems loading
    « on: April 30, 2007, 11:21:26 PM »
    Hello, I just got a newer computer than the one I'm  currently using. I encountered a problem when booting. My old computer is a:

Anaheim 2 MOBO
    Intel Celeron 600 Mhz
    15 Gb Seagate HDD
    4 Gb Western Digital HDD
    256 Mb Ram
    Windows XP Professional

and my newer computer is

Dell Precision 330
    Intel Pentium 4   1.5Ghz
    384 Mb Ram
    ----No HDD-------
    AGP graphics card (model unknown)

I decided to use my newer computer and just use my hard drive from my other computer on this computer. I set the BIOS to auto and at first everything worked well somewhat. As soon as it got to the windows xp loading screen I get a blue screen saying that windows has shut down to prevent damage to my computer and to check hardware like HDDs. I took out all the PCI cards but I can's seem to get around it. I dont understand if this can be fixed. or what can I do to fix it. I put the hard drive back on my old computer and it works just fine but it doesnt work on my new one any ideas? suggestions? ???

Anything is appreciated Thx. ;)

GX1_Man

Re: Problems loading
    « Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 03:13:17 AM »
    So did you attempt to reload Windows or just put a drive loaded with completely different hardware in the newer machine and expect it to run?

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 07:07:37 AM »
    You're going to have to reinstall Windows XP on the new machine.

CyberHawk

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 03:13:54 PM »
      Ok I tried re installing windows but there was a nother problem. The computer won't boot to Cd drive even if set on the BIOS. I tried a startup disk i made on my old computer and I can get to DOS prompt. After that it doesn't detect my Cd Drive and I cant get into it to install windows. Im stuck What do I do now??????????

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 03:43:23 PM »
      You need a specific Windows XP boot-able disk. Find them on Microsoft.com