Software > Computer programming

laptop help

(1/1)

mann75:
i am new to the seen of programming and i am hoping i dont have to pay a pro to do it for me, so i am here begging for all of your guys help my problem is my laptop it is a compaq evo n1000v. i erased the old hdd to install a different os. now i am trying to reinstall the new os but now its saying that its a error on drive (1790) is what shows up. when i go to the ms-dos and try to format the hdd and partition it, it goes to checking the integrity of drive and stops. then it says it cannot what am i doing wrong or do i need a new hdd, to make this compaq laptop work?

dl65:
mann75.....Perhaps you could tell us .....why you found it necessary to format.. Then exactly how did you format the drive ? Do you have a proper bootdisk. What operating system are you trying to install?

let us know

dl65 ::)

Joleen:
You might also want to repost this in Hardware or Windows as it doesn't seem related to the design and creation of programs.  Posting in the appropriate area will increase your chances of a knowledgeable person seeing your post and offering help.

Raptor:
Get your bloody jargon right.

mann75:
ooppps thanks i will post in windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version