Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB????????????" appears in webpages; gmail won't load.  (Read 5424 times)

Hopelesscase

Hey,

I've had a problem for the last few days. Most web pages load with "BBBBBBBBBBBBBB????????" (varying numbers of Bs and question marks) at the top of them, and some don't load properly at all (like Gmail - all I get is a load of random ASCII characters). What's going on? The problem occurs in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I use Windows XP. I've tried looking for spyware, adware and viruses and can't find anything that could be causing this. (I've used AVG, Avast! and Spyware Doctor).

Help!

Sean.

contrex

damaged font files? Wrong character encoding? have you tried Opera?

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
    which microsoft office product are you using?
    which version of internet explorer are you using?

there are several errors which can happen if the MS OFFICE  fonts list and file are damaged
    and several ways to fix the problem,
    can you do a repair installation of the microsoft office package that is installed, but you must have the installation discs to do that.
    Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.