Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: frozen computer  (Read 2614 times)

neo.cerberus

frozen computer
« on: June 11, 2007, 04:18:18 PM »
Hey everyone.
I just finished putting my computer into a new case and new motherboard (MIS p965 neo-f).
My problem is that the computer hangs after post. for example my keyboard works (both usb or ps/2) while playing with the bios but after that the lights turn off on usb keyboard and i cant use it to select safe mode/safe mode with networking/start normally etc. and the computer counts down to select "star windows normally" but when it hits 0 the screen just stays there with the 0 there and the choices. using a ps/2 keyboard I at least can select one here but after hitting enter the computer stays at that screen like with the usb keyboard. I tried only plugging in the keywoards (one at a time not both at the same time) but it didnt change anything.
I tried switching out all ramsticks but no change and i tried decreasing the power to see if it was due to a shortage by putting in my old gfix card and removing the sound card but no difference.
This suituation screams MOTHERBOARD PROBLEM but i cant figure out what to do about it.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: frozen computer
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 04:34:20 PM »
If you changed MBoards and used a HDD that had Windows already on it your chances of it booting properly are slim and none...

I will assume this is Win2K or newer because of the boot options you listed...

Do you have a Windows CD that says Microsoft all over it with fancy holograms ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

neo.cerberus

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 04:54:06 PM »
If you changed MBoards and used a HDD that had Windows already on it your chances of it booting properly are slim and none...

I will assume this is Win2K or newer because of the boot options you listed...

Do you have a Windows CD that says Microsoft all over it with fancy holograms ? ?

Its xp sp2 and when i have the computer boot to the cd it says disk error insert  proper disk and hit enter (or something similar). are you sure the hd would have issues changing moboos? that doesnt make sense to me...

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 07:53:22 PM »
are you sure the hd would have issues changing moboos? that doesnt make sense to me...

You are expecting it to run the same loaded operating system and drivers on the HD with totally different hardware? Of course it has issues.

You didn't answer the question about a real Windows CD and what version of XP?