Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Yahoo Mail  (Read 6734 times)

chiragsk

Topic Starter

Rookie

Yahoo Mail
    « on: June 28, 2007, 04:55:20 AM »
    I have thousands of e-mail in my inbox. How can I delete all the mail atonce.
    Please help!!!!!!

The Saviour

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Yahoo Mail
    « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/basics/basics-120916.html
    That's a one-at-a-time procedure.  His question: How can I delete all the mail at once?

TehGerg

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:12:43 AM »
    I know you can delete the bulk email folder all at once but i don't think you can delete the whole normal inbox at once.  I am pretty sure you have to do highlight all and then remove them page by page.

soybean

Genius
    « Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 10:20:23 AM »
    Yeh, he could at least you the check box at the top of the list on a give page to select all items on that page and delete them. 

I have a Yahoo Mail account but haven't used it much, and there's a later version which I have not used yet.  Anyway, I see a button to view All Messages.  I presume that means it does just that, regardless of how many messages are in your Inbox.  If so, then cleaning out your Inbox should be easy unless you need to do a lot of screening out of certain messages.

soybean

Genius
    « Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 10:31:13 AM »
    A follow-up to my previous post.  Nope, the button to view All Messages does not do what I mentioned in my previous post.

However, you can go into General Preferences and change the number of messages displayed at time.  The max is 200.  That should help a lot.

The Saviour

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 10:47:26 AM »
    If you're in your Inbox...you won't be able to delete all mail in your Inbox.

At the bottom of the page, there's an option button to "check all".  You can then delete all items that were checked.

As previously stated...you can delete a page at a time.

Your junk and trash folders can be emptied using one click.

Other than that...he'd have to setup Yahoo Mail with an email client like Thundrbird in order to do what he wants to do.

TehGerg

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 10:49:16 AM »
    I thought with yahoo mail it was a pay service only to get it to your outlook or thunderbird???????

The Saviour

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 10:55:42 AM »
    I thought with yahoo mail it was a pay service only to get it to your outlook or thunderbird???????

http://help.yahoo.com/us/tutorials/mail/mail/mail_access4.html

soybean

Genius
    « Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 11:17:54 AM »
    At the bottom of the page, there's an option button to "check all".  You can then delete all items that were checked.
    Can either click on "check all" at bottom or check the box at top next to Sender.