Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Interesting Court Case Shame we don't have Politicos  (Read 8189 times)

street1 (RIP)

Topic Starter
  • R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Interesting Court Case Shame we don't have Politicos
« on: July 03, 2007, 05:35:03 AM »
Good day to you Chris.-->
   COL! Sorry about clicking on your head so much today. ;D

US law: OhBwahahaha! I may get an Abrams... 8)

You can have a cannon,fighter jet,nuclear warhead ect..but, not a sawed
off shotgun....... ???See below.
Notice this quote:Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment. ;D

In United States v. Miller,4 the Court sustained a statute requiring registration under the National Firearms Act of sawed-off shotguns. After reciting the original provisions of the Constitution dealing with the militia, the Court observed that ''[w]ith obvious purpose to assure the continuation and render possible the effectiveness of such forces the declaration and guarantee of the Second Amendment were made. It must be interpreted with that end in view.''5 The significance of the militia, the Court continued, was that it was composed of ''civilians primarily, soldiers on occasion.'' It was upon this force that the States could rely for defense and securing of the laws, on a force that ''comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense,'' who, ''when called for service . . . were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time.''6 Therefore, ''n the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a 'shotgun having a barrel of less than 18 inches in length' at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well- regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense.''7

« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 05:47:00 AM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.