Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't hook up the internet connection  (Read 3901 times)

sevren

Can't hook up the internet connection
« on: July 04, 2007, 01:47:18 PM »
Hi, first off I would like to apologize if this is commonly discussed, but for some reason the search feature will not work for me.

My problem is that my computer is not detecting the internet connection even even though it's connected to the modem.  It's rather old as it was purchased in 1998 and uses the Windows 98 operating system. 

I use a cable modem that was provided by my ISP in 2004 or 2005 and it worked up until I used the system restore feature on my computer just yesterday.  Since then, the internet will not work.  I am confused because I have not changed the connection at all.

It is a modem manufactured by Motorola, SurfBOARD Model: SB5120.

I hope someone can help me fix my problem, as I would really like to be able to use the internet on my computer again.

Thanks

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Can't hook up the internet connection
    « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:26:41 PM »
    sevren .......
    it worked up until I used the system restore feature on my computer just yesterday.

Windows 98 didn't have a system restore as I recall........  or did you mean that you used your restore cds ?
    It sounds as if you have to install the ethernet driver.  Check the device manager and see if it shows a driver as being installed or there is a exclamation mark ?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.