Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

On average how long do you wait to talk to phone support?

Less than five minutes
13 (12.5%)
Between five and ten minutes
20 (19.2%)
Between ten and fifteen minutes
10 (9.6%)
Over fifteen minutes
19 (18.3%)
Don't call support
42 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: July poll  (Read 33498 times)

JannE

Re: July poll
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2007, 05:37:51 PM »
Okay, I have to chime in here. I don't call anyone for computer support. If I can't figure it out, I get online and wear out Google and techie forums, like this one. And I have to be in dire need to call any other company for support and this is why (two days ago):

First you have to know that I spent two weeks explaining to DirecTV and my local stations that I DO NOT get a satellite signal for local stations. So much for their second dish. The local guys can't figure out why I can't get local signals on my DirecTV dish. I have been electronically enclined since the age of about 8, things like the above don't confuse me. Explaining the situation to people who don't get it, exasperates me no end.

ME to DirecTV Customer Service Genius: I need ANOTHER installer out here to confirm that I do not get a local signal from any satellite. OR tell me the first installer was in too much of a hurry to find one and put up the right dish and get me my channels. PS: it will be on your dime since local channels are IN my contract.

CSG: Ok, Ms. English, let me run you through some tests to see what I can do from here. (Note: From here is in TN or NV. From here means he pulled up a how-to-deal-with-cranky-old-ladies manual on his screen.

CSG: Now, Ms English, are you watching a local channel right now?

And they say the customer asks the dumbest questions!! Wanted to yank him through my phone. And that is why I the last resort is my motto!

lordvader781

Intermediate
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 05:57:49 AM »
    I personally never use tech support.  I either try to solve it my self, use google, or come here.  I find support to be a waste of time. 

When I used to have Adelphia cable before switching to Verizon DSL we would frequently lose our connection at random.  I or someone else in the family would spend time talking to support only to have them say the problem was on our end like they always said.  It's as if they're afraid to admit that they might be responsible for my problem. 

Websites like eBay will announce when there performing updates and general maintainace to their servers so as to alert users of a possible slow down or inability to access site. 

Here at CH users may have to wait a few hours for a reply to his/her problem, but at least they don't have to be on hold for an hour or more wasting time doing nothing productive.

nency.jariwala

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 06:02:51 AM »
    Its really depends on my mood. ;)  :P   :-\ ???  8)
    If is very urgent than max.I try 5-10 min.  :)
    Otherwise less than 5 min.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #33 on: August 01, 2007, 05:38:30 AM »
    Good 'Champagne Elevator Music"... still the key to the

nightmare. ;D
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
      « Reply #34 on: August 01, 2007, 09:45:59 AM »
      The last time I called support, I got an automated robot thing that you actually spoke to.

Usually, I like the online chat services better (which many companies now have).

thedairyman

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 03:06:04 AM »
      Calling Product Support? You really REALLY mean this what people call "Product Support"? HAHAHAHA! I'd like to see someone get support at least ONCE! I don't even get help for a 'Compaq Presario M2000' using the online chat nor e-mail.

My opinion: Don't call product support. Try all possible ways of fixing the problem, if it still doesn't work, force it - resort to a hammer and a coat hanger!

John.

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
        « Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 10:46:51 AM »
        Calling Product Support? You really REALLY mean this what people call "Product Support"? HAHAHAHA! I'd like to see someone get support at least ONCE! I don't even get help for a 'Compaq Presario M2000' using the online chat nor e-mail.

My opinion: Don't call product support. Try all possible ways of fixing the problem, if it still doesn't work, force it - resort to a hammer and a coat hanger!

John.
        So true.... Dell support told me nothing!

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
          « Reply #37 on: August 02, 2007, 11:41:01 AM »

John.
          So true.... Dell support told me nothing!

i called dell because my cousin old laptop wouldn't go past the windows load screen and the tech asked " ok log onto the account for me" right after i told him

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
            • Yes
            • Technology News and Information
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #38 on: August 02, 2007, 03:08:25 PM »
          We just called Dish Support yesterday, it keeps cutting out. Its annoying. The dish should be aimed correctly.
          We cant figure out whats wrong, and we are going to have to pay $50 to have someone take a look if we cant get it, but everything is in place. Dish is in the exact correct direction, so it has to be a fault in the cables somewhere.

Pim.x

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »
          I actually despise calling technical servies  :(
          I was once on hold for 1 and a half hours waiting for help, which after that long period of time, it turns out they couldn't help me  >:(

I'm so used to calling them since I can never really fix much myself, and I'm always on hold, listening to the annoying songs these services provide  ;)