Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help for computer's internet WinXP  (Read 2069 times)

narutolover54

Need help for computer's internet WinXP
« on: July 18, 2007, 10:11:33 PM »
I am having issues with my computer's internet lately. In the last 3 weeks, I've managed to get it going at only 100 kb/s or less. It all happened after a random brown-out power outage thing. and since I have had issues with it. I used to get a good 4600 to 5000 kb/s average speed. All the other computers in the house have been working perfect, except mine. I have been led to believe that it is either a hardware issue with my ethernet card, or a function on my system that was changed from the power. Does anyone have any idea on what to do for this? I'm running WinXP SP2, fully upgraded, and Norton Anti-Virus 2006. I have run multiple system scans with Norton and have no viruses and such.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Need help for computer's internet WinXP
    « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 08:01:58 AM »
    If everyone else is connecting OK then I'd try replacing the NIC.  They aren't expensive and easy to replace  ;)

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

AGXGGX

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 07:49:11 PM »
    Try Connecting to the Modem via USB since the Ethernet might not be working correctly.

narutolover54

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 07:50:12 PM »
    Try Connecting to the Modem via USB since the Ethernet might not be working correctly.
    The router and everything is working perfect like new, so idk.