Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Genuine Advantage issues  (Read 4159 times)

TehGerg

Windows Genuine Advantage issues
« on: July 20, 2007, 07:34:48 AM »
First off let me state that this is a legal copy of xp home on the computer I installed it myself for my wife's grandpa. 

It looks like since the last windows update he is getting the windows genuine advantage popping up telling him that his version of xp could be bad.  So far I have used jellybean key finder to double check and make sure that I didn't possibly put the code in wrong for it but it is correct.  What else is there to do to get rid of the error can m$ do anything.

The funny part about it all is that if you click on it it tells you possible causes and this and that and it offers to sell you a copy of vista lol.  It is the legit error though i double checked that also

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: Windows Genuine Advantage issues
    « Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 07:39:19 AM »
    You need to call Microsoft and tell them your problem. Then they either give you a new key or remove your current one from the black list. (Not 100% sure on whether they do the one or the other ;) )
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

TehGerg

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage issues
    « Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 09:47:21 AM »
    yah i will give that a try tonight.  It is just frustrating as heck because it is something i can just repair for him on a Sunday it has to be done during the week during normal business hours because they are not open on weekends.  Or at least that is what the messege told me when i called them