Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My mouse keeps freezing!  (Read 11707 times)

Lisa L.

My mouse keeps freezing!
« on: March 16, 2004, 08:07:20 PM »
I origionally had a Microsoft optical mouse but my son needed a mouse for his new computer so I bought myself a cordless and gave him the optical.  Well the cordless worked fine for a few days and then kept freezing.  I had to keep clicking the connect button on the bottom and then it would only work for a few seconds before freezing again.  I figured it was a hardware conflict so I went back to my optical mouse.

I'm still having problems!!!  It will freeze and the light will go out and I'll totally have to restart my computer.  It will work again for a little while and then freeze again.  Sometimes if I shake it the light will go back on and sometimes I can get it working again.  

I've defragged, done a virus scan and checked for spyware.  Nothing unusual came up.  Other than the mouse freezing everything seems to be working fine.  My brother is a computer tech and said that he can only tell me something if he "feels" what it does when it happens.  But he's too busy to look at it *sigh*

Any suggestions or advice?  I'm at a loss to what it could be!  My cordless was a Logitech so I'm not seeing where there would be conflicts between the 2 since they are different brands?  I didn't install the cordless so I'm not even sure how to uninstall it?  I can't find it listed anywhere.  

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
~Lisa

Ramsey

Re: My mouse keeps freezing!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 06:09:48 AM »
Sounds like it's not a software problem if you can shake it and it works for a bit.  Have you tried making sure that the connection at the back where the mouse is plugged in is secure, something there may have been damaged when the mouse was replaced with the new one.  If it's doing this with both mice I would say that it's not the mouse itself, nor wouls I say it's a virus or driver problem if you can shake it and then it works.  That leaves the connection at the back of the system - It could be damaged/defective.  I can't think of anything else off hand so if anyone knows something I don't please add it.

That's right ......  8)  I'm cool!