Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dunno if graphics card is working ???  (Read 2354 times)

MICMAN888

Topic Starter

Rookie

dunno if graphics card is working ???
    « on: August 02, 2007, 09:27:22 PM »
    Is there any way that you can find out what kind of graphics card is in a computer ??
    All I know is that it is an AGP APOGEE graphics card (my Bro thinks its 512MB)
    I got a computer from my brother as he has upgraded to a new PC.The computer is only two years old and he does not have the exact spec of all components and does not have any of the original CD's(drivers)I have the montor plugged into the graphics card and the screen does not look any better than on-board graphics .
    I tried running the diagnostic tool "dxdiag" but the display devices shows nothing, all show N/a but the monitor.
    any assistance would be greatly appreciated
    many thanks in advance !!!!
    Light travels faster than sound..that's why some people may appear bright until you hear them speak.

Richenstony

Re: dunno if graphics card is working ???
    « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:52:42 PM »
    1. start

2.right click my computer

3.click mange

4.click device manger

5.A long list of devices will appear click display adapters , (expand with the + sigh) and what ever you see there is your card.......

6.Right click it hit properties and it will say this device is working proprley) (Of course only if it is working correctly ..... will it say that .....

Tony :)

MICMAN888

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 10:47:30 PM »
      1. start

2.right click my computer

3.click mange

4.click device manger

5.A long list of devices will appear click display adapters , (expand with the + sigh) and what ever you see there is your card.......

6.Right click it hit properties and it will say this device is working proprley) (Of course only if it is working correctly ..... will it say that .....

Tony :)

In the device manager it shows video controller highlited in yellow with a bold question mark but it does not have any drivers installed , it does'nt give the name of the hardware so I can't find the model of graphis  card zo I can go on-line to get a new driver
      Light travels faster than sound..that's why some people may appear bright until you hear them speak.

Fed

• Sage
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 11:50:25 PM »
        Download, unzip, install and run Everest Home Edition
        Everest

Select Computer>Summary from the left hand screen.
        Right click in the right hand screen & select Copy All
        Paste the details in here.