Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lost ability to get into aol.com  (Read 3612 times)

XKath

Lost ability to get into aol.com
« on: August 02, 2007, 11:53:12 PM »
Last night, I updated my Mozilla Foxfire browser and suddenly I can't get onto aol.com, which is my main web mail (I've been an AOL since 1995 because my wife liked it). Now that we have DSL, we've stayed with AOL as our main mail. The browser tries loading the page, but will time out and suggests an inability to get on the server. I tried different browsers -- IE and MSN Explorer -- and succeeded with MSN Explorer, until the following morning when MSN did the same thing as my other browsers. I'd like to use the opportunity to bail from my AOL address, but I need to export my contacts. Unfortunately, I need to be on AOL in order to do that.

xkath

pete_2006

Re: Lost ability to get into aol.com
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 09:14:30 AM »
LOL - "Because my wife liked it."

Yeah, women, whatareyagonnado?

I think AOL is just updating there site. These updates can affect different browsers differently. I was able to go to aol.com this morning in IE, no problemo. Now, I have to take a shower. But kidding aside, it should work for you by now.

BTW - You could try to get there from the command line if you're using a Windows XP.

1) Open your command line.

2) Type cd\

3) Type cmd /c start www.aol.com

...and press enter.

That will start your default browser and send it to aol.

Pete
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 02:13:53 AM by pete_2006 »