Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows broken  (Read 3480 times)

krissyafc

Windows broken
« on: August 03, 2007, 02:50:33 PM »
Ok my xp did not update or anything so i thought i would do a repair, i did. I inserted the xp setup disk and choosed repair. I left it and went to watch tv. When i came back it was installing another windows. So i cancelled by taking the disk out. It asked for me to instert the setup disk so i click cancel and every time i start windows it says resuming setup please wait and it askes me to insert a setup disk if i dont it will restart and ask me to do the same again. So i kept cancelling untill i got fed up. So i left the disk in and let it install another windows.

Then it came up a bsod but not the normal one. It said there was a fatel error it needs more diskspace. It must be installing on the 2gb hard disk. No matter what i do i cant exit this if i boot in safe mode it just says ''windows cannot start in safe mode''

Heres the bsod error code:

0x0000007e (0xc0000005,0x805dbc15, 0xf79f?698,0xf7fd394

This is ruffly it.

The ? = a ''D'' or a ''5''

Please help me.... :oops: :oops:

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    Re: Windows broken
    « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 03:05:47 PM »
    did you use the orginally cd that came with the computer??

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »
    Sounds like you might have ruined your Windows instalation completely.

If you have all your important data backed up, and you think you are ready to loose everything on your hard drive, then I recommend that you completely redo everything.
    (Reformat it, loosing all your data, documents, music, etc)

Why?

If you go ahead trying to install Windows XP again, you are going to get one heck of a funky installation. (Like my Windows 98 SE 1/2)
    This will result in a few errors, and possibly slowed performance.

If you must keep the installation, would you mind telling us exactly what the disk usage status on all your drives are?

When you "left the disk in and let it install another windows", did you do a repair install? Or a complete install?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 06:04:57 PM »
    A repair install of XP will look like it's installing it again...you shouldn't have interrupted it but it's too late now.

Repair Install of XP

It may work the 2nd time however i agree with Zylstra...if you have saved the data you need do a clean install....if you haven't you may want to try the repair install again using the instructions above.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "