Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: usb flash drive and camera suddenly not visible  (Read 8636 times)

derrylodge

Re: usb flash drive and camera suddenly not visible
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 09:37:42 AM »
Hi again Patio

They do not show up in Windows explorer, I have looked at it repeatedly and I am afraid they are still not there.
I have assigned new drive letters for them in disk management but nothing in my computer either.

Derrylodge

truenorth

Guru

Re: usb flash drive and camera suddenly not visible
    « Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 03:24:43 PM »
    derrylodge,You are certainly in good hands with Patio trying to assist you.I have on occasion been succesful in solving conundrums that seem to have stumped forum experts by doing something that either was not suggested or one would not believe that doing it could alter the results. So with that in mind i am making a suggestion that falls into the latter category.I know that you have uninstalled and reinstalled the software for the digital camera with no change. i am going to suggest you do it again but assuming that you have more than one physical (or at least partitioned virtual drives) this time redirect the new installation to another drive or partition. The normal default is to "C" program files. Try that and let us know if it brings back your access to the device. As far as the flash drive i really have no new ideas to contribute on that one. This whole issue sounds very much like a conflict issue between some other hardware to me. Good luck,truenorth