Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD rom drive not working  (Read 2232 times)

eveneng143433

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Networking...humm!!! nice stuff indeed.
    CD rom drive not working
    « on: August 04, 2007, 03:46:29 AM »
    perhaps i got also a problem with my cd rom drive identical with genew,i just tried to clean it with a dvd lens cleaner with liquid. it open for quite sometime and i heard a roaring sound inside meaning the cd drive is spinning.but suddenly it stopped but i tried over and over again.the green light lights for a few second then gone.what i did is i checked the driver in the system information but once i clik the CD ROM in it,no value shown in the system information.no way to repair it?or it needs to be replaced??tnx for anybody's help.

gross_earnings ???

by the way>>

am running a win xp OS sp2.
    my optical drive is an LG 52x max
    my gross_earnings worries me much...it might not be enough for a better life.

RedBull

Re: CD rom drive not working
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 06:48:44 AM »
    I had a similar problem a while back.  After removing my old drive, which oddly enough had that errie 'burned' smell to it, I replaced it with a cheap DVD drive from the local electronics store and I was good to go again.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 06:54:06 AM »
    Sounds like it has finally bit the dust.

DVD burners which would be a good replacement are about 40 bucks @ newegg.com if you are in the States.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

eveneng143433

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Networking...humm!!! nice stuff indeed.
      « Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 03:15:12 AM »
      by the way, tnx patio & redbull for quick replies.again dont know for what reason my cd rom drive is workable now.i just let my cd lens cleaner spin and spin and spin in the drive,then boot, reboot and reboot thats all and its worth it.now it shows in the device manager and the system information yields data in its value column.tnx again to both of you for the reaction.

gross_earnings
      my gross_earnings worries me much...it might not be enough for a better life.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 08:18:49 AM »
      Good to hear you're fixed up...thanx for letting us know.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "