Other > Other

VERY problematic virus!  Need a LOT of help!!

(1/1)

Sp0t:
Hello, i have a very big problem on my laptop.  i ran the Norton Antivirus scan and found i had three trojan viruses.  they were called Black box, Verify, and Dummy, although i couldn't find any background on them.  They were quarantined and deleted.

a few days later, which was about two weeks ago, my computer reset itself and when it booted up, the logo and the words were distorted.   it would freeze after the logo in the beginning of booting up and it would reboot when i pressed any button.  I'm running Windows XP home, and when i go to set up, the Bios is messed up as well.  i tried running the Windows XP cd, but it would fail and when i would press any button ,it would reboot again.  i made emergency disks and a boot disk but they did nothing.  

i've tried running it on safe mode, on dos, last known safe check point, etc, but it just reboots itself when i press any button.  I've tried power drains, removing battery pack, just about everything and it remains.  i've spoken to tech support of my lap top, local technicians and friends that know about computer and they have been stumped.  the only option they've given me is a complete format, but i'm still holding off on that.  if anybody can help or any suggestiongs, PLEASE do so.  Thanks a lot!  

Blair:
Sounds like a hardware problem. Start with testing your memory. Memtest86 is free and runs from a bootable floppy. http://www.memtest86.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version