Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: OMG LAG!!  (Read 3474 times)

J Bishop

OMG LAG!!
« on: August 18, 2007, 10:44:58 AM »
Good day

Okay where do I start, I few days ago I was having problems with connecting to the internet. Sometimes it would connect sometimes it wouldn't.  After repeated calls to my ISP provider (TELUS), they finally got around to fixing the problem. They said they found a card/port or something on their end with was failing so they replaced it. After they replaced it I was able to connect to the internet but now my Latency/ping to all servers is 20-30 ms higher then normal. My latency/ping to Seattle before the problem was 15-19ms and now it is 35-40ms. (It's a problem because I like to play counterstrike; servers which I played on before the problem are not smooth now. It is nearly impossible to play competively on a server with over 80ms). Again after repeated calls they said are not able to find a problem and there is no problem on their end. But last year I had this exact same problem, some problem on the port, sporadic connections and latency/ping time all higher then normal. A technician replaced the port and did something and everything was okay. Does anyone have any idea what would cause my latency to go up by 20-30ms to all servers. Could it be some sort of jitter or maybe a bad algorism? I need something so I can shove it in there faces.   ???