Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Not able to acess certin web sites.  (Read 7527 times)

1bd4t6h

Not able to acess certin web sites.
« on: August 10, 2007, 12:28:42 AM »
I am currently staying at my fathers house and when I'm on his wireless network I cannot seem to go to "myspace.com" or "ijji.com". They just keep the loading bar there forever. When I use the AOL browser I can view both pages and I find that interesting. But when I use IE, fire fox, flock, etc nothing happens. My father has a few sites he cant view aswell from his laptop. He didn't change anything in the network settings recently. Were both running Windows XP. When I'm at my mother house (same computer) I can view these sites perfectly fine ( I'm connected to the computer by wire there though not wireless like at my dads ). No idea what the problem could possibly be any help would be very nice. oh and we have tried to unplug then plug in the router and stuff.

lil_falco

Re: Not able to acess certin web sites.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 03:03:04 PM »
No clue.

Try going to internet options - content and seeing if any keywords are blocked there.

JXY

Hopeful
    Re: Not able to acess certin web sites.
    « Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 02:15:59 AM »
    go to your internet options > security

and change your internet security to low. then try and access those webpages.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day

Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime