Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB not working  (Read 4500 times)

BillyLiar

USB not working
« on: August 22, 2007, 02:56:22 PM »
I was trying to get my SIXAXIS working with my PC and I was installing the filter driver (libusb-win32-filter-bin 0.1.12.1.exe). As soon as it hit 100%, I heard the error sound and my comp froze. After waiting a few minutes, I restarted it. Vista loaded up to the password screen and neither the keyboard nor the mouse (both USB) were working. I restarted again and tried to boot in safe mode. I hit f8 and the computer beeped but the menu never opened. The only thing that I could get to is the system set-up and I was able to scroll around. So it works before Windows loads. I tried to boot from the Vista disk but it doesn't seem to be able to do that either. I thought I'd just grab an old PS/2 keyboard and mouse but my comp doesn't have PS/2 ports.

I'm really at a loss for what to do. I've given you most of the info that I can think of. If you need any other info just tell me and I'll get it.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: USB not working
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 08:21:43 PM »
First of all what is the SIXAXIS device ? ?
You neglected to mention it...
2nd of all are you sure there are no PS2 ports on that machine ? ?

Let us know...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BillyLiar

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:58:18 PM »
The SIXAXIS is the Plastation 3 controler. sorry 'bout that.

And I'm 99.99% positive there are no PS/2 ports. I can't see any and there aren't any on the diagram Dell sent. But I have been known to overlook things every now and then. It's a Dimension E520, if that helps.

BillyLiar

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 09:22:27 PM »
On the three sites I have asked about this on, nobody can help. Do I have a problem without a solution?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 11:18:32 PM »
PS Support Forums

Perhaps someone there is having similar issues with solutions.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "