Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: lan connection, but no internet connection  (Read 5144 times)

quaintOne

lan connection, but no internet connection
« on: August 29, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
hi i have an old toshiba computer thats running windows xp, and it will seemingly connect to my router when i manualy imput ip's etc. However, under network connections it doesn't have an internet connection listed like it does on my desktops. i'm able to share files between my laptop and my desktop however i cannot access the internet from my laptop.

any ideas? thanks for any help.

Spero-T

Re: lan connection, but no internet connection
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:29:55 AM »
go to network places set up a small office network... follow the wizard...

If you need more detailed instructions let me know !

quaintOne

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 08:29:22 PM »
i did that. still no internet.

Spero-T

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 02:18:04 AM »
Are you defiantly stating that you are connecting threw a gateway computer?

vsat

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 01:47:08 AM »
you want to share the files and folders are you want to share your internet conection.if you want to share your files and folders means you just go to my computer and select the partition in that partition take right click and then sharing option will appear you just select that and then go to share as the selected partition give which rights you want to give the other system.this is the proceder to share the file and folders

viking

Adviser
  • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
    « Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 02:07:58 AM »
    What router?
    Can you ping the router? Why do you have to manually assign an IP to laptop? Your router has settings regarding nat translation, dhcp router? (in fact this is the same question as "what router do you have?")

Place here the response from the command:
    ipconfg /all >c:\ipcfg.txt
    launched on both computers (start a command prompt window and type there the command; then paste here the content from the file c:\ipcfg.txt).