Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: *Solved* (CD Rules) Changing the file type of files in subfolders  (Read 14828 times)

contrex

Re: *3/4 Solved* Changing the file type of files in subfolders
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2007, 05:24:56 PM »
A reason I have all .bat files in one folder and have that folder in my Path is so that I can Call the files from anywhere in my file system.  But that's just the way I prefer to do it, whether it's the most efficient method or would have the approval of the scripting gurus is open to argument

Well, it's what I do as well (always have). I have a folder called c:\batch which is on my PATH and it has existed since my MS-DOS 3.30 days back in the early 1990s, I have copied it from computer to computer. The oldest file is dated 3rd March 1993.

DeltaSlaya

Apprentice
  • Google
    Re: *3/4 Solved* Changing the file type of files in subfolders
    « Reply #31 on: August 27, 2007, 12:16:17 AM »
    Using batch in this way to hide files is just stupid. If you really must hide the files then here is a batch that may help:

http://www.lytebyte.com/2007/06/25/how-to-lock-and-hide-folders-in-windows-without-additional-software/

I just love it how people say don't do that its stupid, just do something else. It never fails to amaze me. Anyway I see you are writing a batch file because its fun and something you can be proud of thats why you call it a pet project which is just that.

Sorry for any confusion, I don't mean to start a flame war here. I was not meaning to imply that the OPs desire to use a batch script to perform this task was stupid. I meant that the methods they were employing to do so are not necessarily the most practical or effective.

The link I suggested was simply to showcase other methods that could be used. They could try and figure out how that works, it's a far more effective method of achieving the task at hand. Feel free to use your own methods if you deem them more appropriate, or would like to experiment. It's always YOUR choice, not ours.
    System specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (up to 3.3 stock V and air)
    ASUS Striker Extreme
    XFX 8600GT XXX Edition
    2x 1gB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
    Seagate Barracuda 320gB SATA
    Raidmax Ninja 918 (520W ATXV2.0 PSU)
    -