Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: please wait while windows configures microsoft office enterprise 2007 problem.  (Read 8685 times)

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    this is what i get, everytime i start microsoft word or powerpoint any app of microsoft i get this it pisses me off. this is the error i get
    please wait while windows configures microsoft office enterprise 2007

and it takes about 6 mins to launch the app and it does this everytime i launch it..

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    A common problem - here's Chris Pirillo on it:

"Poor Big John Midland. Every time he launches a Microsoft Office application the Windows Installer box comes up. Uninstalling and re-installing hasn’t helped the issue. Luckily, I have a very good idea what the problem is.

Most likely, a third party extension is causing this trouble. I asked John what version of Windows and Office he runs. He’s using Vista and Office 07. Both are still relatively new programs, and still have some bugs in them. He doesn’t recall installing anything new that would hook into Office. But that is probably the trouble here. I advised John to go through Microsoft Word and Outlook both to check active addins. Disable them one by one, and see if any of them fixes the problem. If not, then he needs to go through his programs, and uninstall or disable (one at a time again) any programs… such as Adobe Acrobat Professional… which tie into Office. I’d bet the farm that he will track down the problem through this method of madness."

And here is a MS kb.

Put the message into Google for plenty more users with the problem.   Looks like a bugfix from MS is required.

Good luck

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      I looked at Chris Pirillo already and i disabled and enabled some of the addons and it doesnt work. I unistalled and reinstalled adobe acrobat and their software, and also office 07 and it doesnt work. and i still get the message.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Does your OS support the Enterprise Edition ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        yep it does, well how come i installed it on my sisters laptop, its a Gateway Home Premium Edition
        i have the same vista os. it works on hers and it doesnt on me? something is haywire..

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          I couldn not find the problem, i guess it is some addon that is causing this, after installd adobe acrobat pro, i deleted vista, and thank god i installed windows xp pro. it works great some driver issues but i got them all working now. Thanks for trying the help. no problem like that in xp