Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: unable to access certian websites on any browsers?  (Read 10778 times)

udonroy

Re: unable to access certian websites on any browsers?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 01:40:35 AM »
I have a very similar problem but it appears to be only one website I can not access.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out and have hit a brick wall.

I have plugged another PC into the same position and it works no problem so it would appear to certainly be a problem within this computer.

I have tried all of the above with no success.

Please help!

Kharhaz

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 12:43:39 PM »
Like the other two people, I also cannot access certain sites on my browser, for example, I canno access Youtube or Gamfaqs. However, I have noticed one difference, whenever I attempt to access these sites I am brought to http://www.miaminews365.net/look.php?aff=8131&subaff=1312&qq=games. I think this may be one step to solving this problem, but my progress has been completely stonewalled due to my lack of in-depth computer knowledge and my timidity with deleting files when I'm not sure exactly what they do...                    Please Help                     

Ivy

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 01:08:22 PM »
Kharhaz what are your internet explorer settings?
Security tab
Privacy and all?
have you tried using different browsers to open the same sites?
have you reformatted your PC recently? if yes that could be a reason too .

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 01:11:37 PM »
Karhaz first off Welcome to CH...
It's best to start a new topic even though you may have similar issues as this will ensure it recieves the proper attention...
I'd suggest running all your protection programs after updating them and then DLoad and run Hijack This and save the log to a text file and post it along with what security programs you did run in our Virus and Spyware section...
It may take more than one post to get the whole logfile posted...

DO NOT let Hijack This fix anything until you have heard back from one of our Resident Experts...

Once Again Welcome Aboard !
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "